Prestigious grants for talented WUST researchers
Seven young scientists who conduct research at our university have been recognized by the Foundation for Polish Science and received support from the Start Program. This is the third best result among all tertiary education institutions in the country.
The Foundation for Polish Science has awarded its Start grants for the 27th time. The ceremony of awarding the most talented young scientists from all over Poland was held on Saturday at the Royal Castle in Warsaw. 100 young researchers were distinguished by awarding them with an annual grant in the amount of 28 thousand PLN.
Seven of them represent Wrocław University of Science and Technology:
- Bartosz Błasiak PhD, Eng (Faculty of Chemistry),
- Róża Goścień PhD, Eng (Faculty of Electronics),
- Błażej Jaworowski, PhD, Eng (Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology),
- Piotr Klukowski PhD, Eng (Faculty of Computer Science and Management),
- Adam Moyseowicz PhD, Eng (Faculty of Chemistry),
- Olga Rac-Rumijowska PhD, Eng (Faculty of Microsystem Electronics and Photonics),
- Wioletta Rut, PhD, Eng (Faculty of Chemistry).
Start is the biggest grant program for the best Polish researchers under thirty years of age. The grants, which may be used for any purpose, are intended to provide financial support to young researchers at the difficult early stage in their research careers as well as enabling them to devote themselves fully to science.
This year, the winners were selected from among 899 candidates.