WELCOME TO UNIVERSITY CONSORTIUM INTERNATIONAL (UCI)
Recognizing the necessity of cooperation and development in the context of today's globalization, the University Consortium International (UCI) is established with the purpose to build a network to connect friendly universities together to develop the quality of higher education, science-technology and sustainable development. The UCI is open to international collaboration and new membership of like-minded higher institutions from all over the world.
On 4 April 2019, 10 founding members from 9 countries named below have decided to establish the University Consortium International (UCI):
- Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam
- Pukyong National University, Republic of Korea
- Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Hasselt University, Belgium
- VSB - Technical University of Ostrava, the Czech Republic
- Tomas Bata University in Zlín, the Czech Republic
- University College of Northern Denmark, Denmark
- University of Trieste, Italy
- National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences, the Netherlands.
The current Chairman of UCI is Prof. Vaclav Snasel, Rector of VSB-Technical University of Ostrava.
In terms of organisational structure, the structure can be categorised into 3 levels as below
- General Conference: the strategy maker of the Consortium. It is composed of the Presidents/Rectors of all Member Institutions of the Consortium, both Full Members and Associate Members.
- Coordinating Board: comprise the Vice presidents/Vice rectors for International Affairs of Member Institutions.
- Specialized Councils: develop collaboration among UCI member in research activities, mobility program and academic program.
- Secretariat: the administrative body to assist the Coordinating Board and the Secretary-General.